Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tom Gnidziejko's Comic Page

Here are a couple pages from a comic I'm writing about a knight named Thadar. In this issue, Thadar's quest brings him to a temple in the mountains. These pages are from when he gets into a fight with one of the guardians of the ice fortress.


Most of the comic has very little dialogue. Since Thadar is alone, he has no reason to speak, therefore most of the writing would be in the form of a monologue said by Thadar, describing the creatures and environments he encounters.

As you can see, this is a rough thumbnail page. I didn't really know how I wanted the creature to look like, other than being quadruped and have a large tail.


This next page continues directly from the next. The creature pins Thadar against a pillar but he breaks free by sticking his sword in its neck. Thadar backs off then jumps onto the monster's back.


I decided to detail the second page a bit more, also adding more of what the creature looks like. I liked the idea of a chimera, but I only wanted to make it have one head instead of three. I also wanted to make it look more menacing, so I changed a lion's head to a kind of dog/goat hybrid.

In my final drafts, I want to change some of the blocking. I don't like how Thadar always seems to be facing the same way, with his right arm back and his left out or forward. Also, the creature changes sizes throughout the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment